2012 TSJ Curriculum Fair Program & Speakers
- Pre-register NOW if you haven't done so already. This will save you time Saturday morning as well as help us avoid a bottleneck during registration.
- Please note the NEW LOCATION! Due to forces out of our control, we had to change the venue to Kenwood Academy H.S. at 5015 S. Blackstone.
- Take a look at the workshops so you can plan accordingly.
- BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE. We will not be providing plastic bottles of water.
10:00 - Registration, Curriculum Exhibitors, and Resource Tables** Open
11:00am-12:00pm - Opening Program (auditorium, 1st floor)
- Cuban Street Rumba—Yoruba Opening Salutation "Elegwa"
- Carlos "Quinto" Equis-Aguila, Cuban Master Drummer
- José Morales
- Welcome and Introduction - Prudence Browne, TSJ
- Brandon Johnson, Chicago Teachers Union
- Lorena Jasso, Social Justice High School Parent
- Aquila Griffin, Dyett H.S. Student, Kenwood Oakland Community Organization
- Kuumba Lynx, “Arizona Poli Tricks."
1:00-2:30pm - Lunch (Cafeteria, 2nd floor)
2:30 - Curriculum Exhibitors and Resource Tables close
2:30-3:45pm - Workshops Session 2* and Organizing (school closings, elected school board)
Closing Program 4:00-4:30 (Auditorium)
- Karen Lewis, President, CTU
- Closing Song: Sound of Soul